Are you fearful about your canine affected by separation anxiousness whenever you return to work? After a yr of a lot togetherness, thousands and thousands of canines are anticipated to be affected by separation anxiousness when companies and faculties totally reopen and pet mother and father return to a pre-pandemic schedule. DOGTV carried out a survey of over 1,000 canine mother and father throughout America. What they discovered was gorgeous:
- 58% of canines are presently exhibiting signs of separation anxiousness when mother and father put together to depart the house.
- 45% show signs of separation anxiousness when left house alone.
- But, 62% of pet mother and father aren’t doing something to organize their pets for extra alone time.
- Pandemic pups have been 20% extra prone to have separation anxiousness when left house alone, in comparison with canines adopted earlier than the pandemic.
- 65% of canine mother and father aren’t presently snug leaving their pup house alone throughout an eight-hour workday. Solely 14% really feel able to let Fido be alone for greater than 9 hours.
Your Canine’s New Regular
We have been excited to see that there’s a free occasion deliberate to handle this drawback. DOGTV is internet hosting a free digital occasion convening the world’s main pet behavioral therapists, veterinarians, trainers and pet service suppliers. Your Dog’s New Normal will air Saturday, June twelfth at 4 PM ET. A preview of the occasion is offered here.
Hosted by celeb pet knowledgeable Harrison Forbes, Your Canine’s New Regular will characteristic “canine talks” by a sturdy lineup of consultants together with:
- world famend canine coach Victoria Stilwell
- celeb canine coach Laura Nativo
- famend veterinarians Dr. Marty Becker
- Dr. Courtney Campbell
- veterinary behaviorist Dr. Nicholas Dodman
- Licensed Canine Coach and Animal Habits Specialist Mikkel Becker
- and dozens extra
Subjects will assist pet mother and father higher perceive the problem of separation anxiousness by educating them all the pieces from how you can acknowledge the indicators, to coaching suggestions and methods to handle the problem transferring ahead.
There can even be appearances by pup loving celebrities together with Jane Lynch, Scott Hamilton, Emmylou Harris, Skip Bayless, Renée Felice Smith and extra. The complete listing of audio system is offered here.
“Whereas canines beloved this previous yr spending limitless hours with their people, the pandemic has left them susceptible to creating a concern of being house alone,” says Gilad Neumann, CEO of DOGTV. “We wish to do all the pieces we will to make sure pets keep snug at house when their mother and father are gone. I’m excited to supply pet mother and father a chance to listen to from prime animal consultants to allow them to learn to determine the indicators of tension and finally stop separation anxiousness of their canines.”
Your Canine’s New Regular shall be hosted on DOGTV, which could be considered by streaming, cable, or on-line, and doesn’t require a DOGTV subscription to attend. DOGTV is partnering with the North Shore Animal League to lift consciousness round separation anxiousness in canines. From now till the top of the yr, DOGTV will donate $10 to the North Shore Animal League for each new subscription that makes use of the code NEWNORMAL throughout sign-up.
Learn how to Watch the Free Digital Occasion
For extra info and to enroll in the free Your Canine’s New Regular occasion, go to dogtv.com.